It is the last month of the year, which means most of 2012 reading challenges will end this month and a lot of sign ups are opening for the coming year. Just like last year, I’ll be participating in some of those reading challenges online. I’ll be limiting my sign-ups though to those challenges hosted by bloggers I personally know. By that I can guarantee getting the updates and news that concern the actual challenge without digging the host’s blog too much.
So I’m signing up to TBR Pile Reading Challenge. This is officially my first reading challenge for 2013. The challenge is hosted by six bloggers and one of them is my friend Rachel of Fiktshun. Good thing about this reading challenge is it doesn’t require much other than to read and review books released in 2012 or earlier. Any genre, length and format of book counts. The challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013. You can check the guidelines and other details from this link.
I haven’t really check my shelves right now but below are some of the books that I’m dying to read but haven’t got the time or the chance to do so. Most of the books I listed below are in my TBR pile for more than a year just waiting to be cracked. I am aiming for A Friendly Hug level in this reading challenge, which requires 11-20 books to read & review, but lets see what will happen after a year.
My Target Reads
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Nes
- On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
- The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
If you want to know more about the reading challenge or simply want to sign-up go to this link.