This is the third run of Share Your Shelf, and today I have another book blogger/reader friend, Alba of BookPics to answer some bookshelves related questions and of course to show to all of us her bookshelves. But before that, let me share a little background about Alba first…
Alba is another reader/blogger I’ve came across online when I’m still new in book blogging. I’ve met her through Rachel’s blog, Fiktshun where we usually hang out online. Aside from reading books she also loves taking pictures which explains the name of her blog, BookPics. There you can see her passion for books and photography. Beside with her own blog and fan page, she also administer few book fan pages such as Easy by Tammara Webber and Ashfall. I don’t know how she managed to run all those pages together with her other active accounts and still got the time to actively participate with the book blogging community. Obviously her passion for books and reading extends beyond the pages of books. She is very active, passionate and enthusiastic in what she do. I’m really thankful that in-spite of her busy schedule, she take time to join us today to answer all the questions for this post and share to all of us her bookshelves.
1. How do you organized your books? Do you have a shelving obsession? Like arranging them in alphabetical order of author/titles, or by genre, height, or using a color coded system.
I organize them by favoritism… ¿? lol Hehe but yeap, all my favorite ones are on the top shelf and so on… And also by genre… I’m kind of weird when it has to do with arranging shelves. But those are the 2 things I usually use to order all my books.
2. If you can pick just one book from your shelves to stay with you, what book are you going to keep? why?
You did NOT just ask me that!! Woman!!! I couldn’t, for the love of me, pick only one… It’d be awful!!!
So I’ll mention a few -cheating, I know, but I can’t help it-
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, I believe I’ve mentioned this one here before. For me, she is one of the BEST writers of our generation. Her writing and her stories are flawless and beautiful! I could live inside her books forever and ever! Also, The Scorpio Races by her 🙂
Then I’d say… Easy or any other book written by Tammara Webber, she just has a way with words that draws you in. Once you start a Tammara Webber book you cannot stop. No matter what.
Then it’d be Everneath, that story T_____T Brodi Ashton is a GENIUS!! GENIUS!!!!
If I Stay by Gayle Forman because, well, it saved my life.
And I’ve got so many more!! See?! I couldn’t possibly only pick one!
3. What was the first book you ever bought with your own money and does it reside on your shelves now?
Jesus christ, I can’t remember well… But I think it had to be either House of Night by Cast mom and Cast daughter hehe or My Soul to Steal by Rachel Vincent *-* I was so proud of myself!
4. Do you have any quirks in buying, shelving or stacking your books? (I know someone who actually buy two copies of books, one for reading and one for collection purposes.)
Ummm funny you ask. Since I’m a complete and utter cover lover I might be swayed when a book is too worn out at the edges or the cover has been damaged… I’ll HAVE to replace it WITHOUT getting rid of the damaged copy so when I want to go and reread it I’ll pick up the old one and keep the new and shinny one in my shelves.
And when buying, I almost always check out FIRST the books with the pretty or interesting covers… and I almost NEVER read a book description…
5. Do you have different bookshelves for different books (for example, I have all my signed books on one shelf, my favorite titles on a different shelves, and more shelves for my TBR pile) or systems of separating them/spreading them out?
Nope, I don’t even have a shelf right now (it’s being made I hope) 😦 But nope, I wouldn’t be able to stand the thought of different books from the same series being strewn all over… I need them to be in order. I don’t make reading piles and put them aside to read… I just write down what tittles I’m planning to read and then go ahead and look for them in my shelves later 🙂
6. Do you keep book(s) on your shelf that you don’t have plan on reading? Like maybe keeping them for the sole purpose of impressing others?
Ummm interesting question. I think I have done this once or twice before but because back in the recesses of my mind I believe I’ll, someday, somehow, get to that book and finally read it. I like to think I’m a person who never gives up on a book not until the third try fails to make me read the whole book.
But when a book has been there for too long and I KNOW I won’t read it I give it away.
7. Are there any guilty pleasures on your bookshelves you would be embarrassed people might see, or do you have a hidden shelf for those somewhere else?
Bwahahah, why Maricar! If I told you… I’d have to… 😉 You know what they say.
8. What was the last book that you added to your bookshelves?
Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent. Got here just last week 😉
9. Are there any books that you wish you had on your bookshelves but don’t have it now?
Ahhhh WHERE TO START???!!!!
-Deep Betrayal by Anne Greenwood Brown
-Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins
-Drink Deep by Chloe Neill and all the other books in the Chicagoland Vamps series after this one that have been released already.
-Second Grave On The Left by Darynda Jones and the rest of the published Charley Davidson books
-Incarnate Jodi Meadows and Asunder as well!!
-Nameless by Lili St.Crow
-Black City by Elizabeth Richards
-Something Like Normal Trish Dollar
-Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor
Sophie Jordan’s books and so many more!!!! The list is endless.
10. If someone will peruse your bookshelves, what do you think they would think of your reading taste, or what would you like them to think?
I have seriously? No idea!
Maybe they think I only like fantasy and paranormal readings but then they’d see those contemporary tittles… And think I’m weird…
I don’t know and I really have never thought of what I would like people to think of when and IF they saw my shelves… They’d be lucky if I ever were to let them near my precious… I rather buy them one for themselves hehehe.
But I do hope they get curious and try to start reading themselves 🙂
Thanks so much for asking me girl!!
I had fun answering and not answering hehehe the questions 🙂
You are really good in avoiding some of my questions Alba. Will I ever get a straight answer from you? 😀 But seriously, Thank you so much Alba for taking time answering all those questions and for sharing your shelves and books collection to all of us. I can’t wait to see your new bookshelf when it’s finally up and ready for your books.