The world already knows about Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda) that slammed our country (Philippines) last week, November 8, 2013. This typhoon is the strongest storm ever to make landfall, leaving catastrophic damage in provinces where thousands of people are already homeless after an earthquake last mid-October this year. Though me and my family are safe here in Manila my heart goes out to all those who have suffered losses because of this calamity.
There are lots of help coming from different places around the world. Individual, organizations, government, and even little kids are trying to help in every way they can. One of them organized an online auction called Authors for the Philippines to raise money for the British Red Cross’ Typhoon Haiyan Appeal. This online auction offers a lot of book-related items, from special edition books, signed books, manuscripts, critiques, character names, school/library visit, and even a coffee break/lunch with authors. All auctions will run until November 20, 2013. For more details about the project and support the cause please visit the Authors for the Philippines website.
Here are some awesome items available for bidding:
- Your name as a character in Patrick Ness’s next book
- Rare hardcover edition of Attachments by Rainbow Rowell, signed advance copy of Rainbow’s next novel Landline
- Signed Kami Garcia books: Unbreakable and Beautiful Creatures box set
- Very first signed ARC of After the End by Amy Plum
- First edition of The Graveyard Book, signed by Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell
Please support the cause and let’s all help Typhoon victims!
OTHER WAYS TO HELP!