We are on the second month of Celebrating Debutantes 2017 event. Thank you everyone for joining us.
Today I’m thrilled to have new author Laura Silverman on the blog as part of the event. Laura will be sharing a playlist that she made for her debut contemporary novel Girl Out of Water.
Following the playlist are some information about the author, Laura Silverman along with places where to find her online, as well as the book‘s description and where to get copies of Girl Out of Water.
Also, there’s a giveaway at the bottom of the post for a chance to win a copy of the book. Just enter the rafflecopter form below.
Here’s Laura with Girl Out of Water Playlist. Happy listening!
Girl Out of Water Playlist
01. Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys
02. Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest
03. America by Simon & Garfunkel
04. Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
05. Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys
06. Fare Thee Well by Oscar Isaac, Marcus Mumford
07. Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix
08. Sugar Magnolia by Grateful Dead
09. California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas
10. Homeward Bound by Simon & Garfunkel
11. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
12. Something’s Got a Hold on Me by Etta James
13. Box of Rain by Grateful Dead
14. Train Song by Phish
15. I’ve Been Everything by Johnny Cash
16. With Arms Outstretched by Rilo Kiley
17. Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
18. Wouldn’t It Be Nice by The Beach Boys
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Laura received her MFA in writing for children from the New School. She loves books, dogs, and bubble baths—okay, and quite a few people too. She currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia. You can say hello on Twitter at @LJSilverman1
Wendy lives in West Dundee, the best neighborhood in America (as crowned by Good Morning America in 2010) with her husband, two kids, and a couple of guinea pigs.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: Girl Out Of Water
Author: Laura Silverman
Publication Date: May 02, 2017
Format: Paperback, eBook, Audio
Anise Sawyer plans to spend every minute of summer with her friends: surfing, chowing down on fish tacos drizzled with wasabi balsamic vinegar, and throwing bonfires that blaze until dawn. But when a serious car wreck leaves her aunt, a single mother of three, with two broken legs, it forces Anise to say goodbye for the first time to Santa Cruz, the waves, her friends, and even a kindling romance, and fly with her dad to Nebraska for the entire summer. Living in Nebraska isn’t easy. Anise spends her days caring for her three younger cousins in the childhood home of her runaway mom, a wild figure who’s been flickering in and out of her life since birth, appearing for weeks at a time and then disappearing again for months, or even years, without a word.
Complicating matters is Lincoln, a one-armed, charismatic skater who pushes Anise to trade her surfboard for a skateboard. As Anise draws closer to Lincoln and takes on the full burden and joy of her cousins, she loses touch with her friends back home – leading her to one terrifying question: will she turn out just like her mom and spend her life leaving behind the ones she loves.
What’s up for Grab?
- Copy of Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman
- Open international where book depository ships
- There will be one (1) lucky winner
- Winner will be chosen and announced by rafflecopter
- Winner will be contacted thru email & should response within 48 hours
- Ends July 22nd, 2017
Prize will be sent via book depository
To enter fill out the rafflecopter form
Treat yourself to a complete #CelebratingDebutantes2017 experience. Click the image below for the full list of schedule and links to each feature post or check out twitter and facebook using #CelebratingDebutantes2017.