I’m super excited today to welcome author Jan Gangsei to the blog as part of Celebrating Debutantes 2016 event. She will be sharing her choice of actors/actresses to play for her novel, Zero Day! I hope you guys like Jan’s pick of actors. And be sure to check the bottom of the post for the giveaway! Trust me, you don’t want to miss the chance of owning a signed hardcover copy of Zero day and other swags!
Here’s Jan with the movie cast for Zero Day.
Hi everyone! It’s a thrill to be a guest here, putting on my director’s hat as part of Blackplume’s “Celebrating Debutantes” feature! I mean, what writer doesn’t love to envision who would play their characters on the big screen? So, without further ado, here are the actors I would cast to play the title roles in the movie version of my debut novel, ZERO DAY:
ADDIE WEBSTER: Kelsey Chow
DARROW FERGUSSON: Jordan Fisher
HARPER CUTTING: Elle Fanning
ELINOR WEBSTER: Stella Hudgens
MACKENZIE WEBSTER: Siena Agudong
MICHAEL ERLANDER: Dylan Minnette
PRESIDENT MARK WEBSTER: Mark Ruffalo
FIRST LADY ELIZABETH WEBSTER: Joan Chen
AGENT CHRISTINA ALVAREZ: Michelle Rodriguez
GENERAL JAMES MCQUEEN: Bruce Willis
KARL ERLANDER: Gustaf Hammarsten
So there you go, Hollywood—I did your work for you! Just have your people call my people and we’ll get things rolling… And thank you so much Maricar for having me here today. This has been so much fun. I’m ready to start filming!
Thanks so much Jan for sharing to us your movie cast pick! We surely want to see your characters in the big screen someday!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jan Gangsei grew up in small-town Vermont, reading Nancy Drew mysteries, putting on backyard shows with her best friend and dreaming about exploring the world. After college, she landed a job as a newspaper reporter covering politics and the police beat, and was astonished to discover she could actually get paid to write and tell stories. Since then, she’s lived in Key West, New York City, DC and Barbados. She’s now settled with her family in northern Virginia, where she writes full time with a cup of hazelnut coffee in one hand and a Jack Russell terrier named Watson curled under her legs. Her debut young adult novel, ZERO DAY, publishes with Disney-Hyperion in January, 2016.
Some random facts about Jan:
* Soon after she learned to walk she was stuck on a pair of skis (Vermont law), which she promptly removed and watched as they slid down the mountain solo — likely explaining her future love of physics (and staying safely in the lodge).
* She’s a graduate of the DIA’s attache program for spouses, where she learned how to properly set a table, wear an evening gown, and disable an attacker with a few well-placed kicks. She suggests you don’t ever sneak up on her in a dark alley, especially if she’s wearing heels.
* She has tons of favorite authors, but some of her biggest influences growing up include: Judy Blume, Margaret Atwood, Edith Wharton and Kurt Vonnegut. (Also, whoever wrote the copy for the back of her Cheerios box, which she’s pretty sure she’d memorized by third grade.)
* She loves meeting new people, and interacting with other readers and writers. Drop her a note and say hello here or on Twitter!
ABOUT THE BOOK
Title: Zero Day
Author: Jan Gangsei
Publication Date: January 12th, 2016
Formats: Hardcover, audio, eBook
Eight years ago, Addie Webster was the victim of the most notorious kidnapping case of the decade. Addie vanished—and her high-profile parents were forced to move on.
Mark Webster is now president of the United States, fighting to keep the oval office after a tumultuous first term. Then, the unthinkable happens: the president’s daughter resurfaces. Addie is brought back into her family’s fold, but who is this sixteen-year-old girl with a quiet, burning intelligence now living in the White House? There are those in the president’s political circle who find her timely return suspicious.
When the NSA approaches Darrow Fergusson, Addie’s childhood best friend and the son of the president’s chief of staff, he doesn’t know what to think. How could this slip of a girl be a threat to national security? But at the risk of having his own secrets exposed by the powerful government agency, Darrow agrees to spy on Addie.
It soon becomes apparent that Addie is much more than the traumatized victim of a sick political fringe group. Addie has come with a mission. Will she choose to complete it? And what will happen if she does?
What’s up for Grabs?
- signed hardcover copy of Zero Day, along with a signed Zero Day mouse pad and bookmark
- Open to US / Canada Only
- There will be one (1) winner only
- Winner will be chosen and announced by rafflecopter
- Winner will be contacted thru email & should response within 48 hours
- Ends March 8, 2016
- Prizes will be sent by the author
To enter fill out the rafflecopter form
Treat yourself to a complete #CelebratingDebutantes2016 experience. Click the image below for the full list of schedule and links to each feature post!